Speech-writing is fun
Your speech should reflect you, your ideas, values, and feelings.
Effective speech starts with speech-writing. To write a great speech you should start with:
- Choosing the topic that you are most familiar with and passionate about. It will help you be better to prepare to answer follow up questions from the audience.
- Start off with a strong introduction. You may even start with a strong quote. It will also help you to wake your audience up.
- Including a sound thesis statement. The thesis is the main point you want to emphasize and the message you want to leave your audience with.
- Organizing your speech. Your speech should have introduction, body, and conclusion. In other words
- Intro: tell people what you are going to tell them
- Body: Tell it
- Conclusion: Tell it again
- Get persuasive
If you are making a point and it feels to be illogical then you should consider your audience, and make your points as simple for your audience as possible.
After all, use your authentic voice: include your personal experience, make appropriate jokes and ask rhetorical questions.
by Margarita Dadyan
Find “Speak-up” in Social Media